Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee
As required by California Education Code Section 15278-15282, the selection process for the Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee presently has one
vacancy pending an appointment with six active members currently serving.
A strong effort has been made to ensure that the membership of the Citizens' Oversight
Committee reflects the diversity of the communities and the region served by the District.
Oral Communications to the Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee
- It is the obligation of the Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee to provide an adequate
forum within which the views of the public pertaining to any item of the business
of the Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee can be expressed and heard.
- Persons wishing to speak on item appearing on the agenda may speak regarding their
issues during the “Comments from the Public” section of the agenda or when the Citizens’
Bond Oversight Committee is considering the item at the discretion of the Committee’s
Chair. Prior to being recognized by the Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee, a speaker
must fill out a request to speak.
- Persons wishing to speak on items that are not on the agenda may also speak on such
issues during the “Comments from the Public” section of the agenda. The Committee,
however, does not obligate itself to act upon any request or proposal presented at
the time of the hearing of citizens and petitions except, if appropriate, for the
item to be added to the agenda of a future meeting.
To facilitate the orderly conduct of public meeting and to expedite conducting the
necessary business, the following shall govern public speaker presentations at Citizens’
Bond Oversight Committee meetings:
- A person wishing to speak to the Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee must fill out
a request that will be provided by the Committee. The request will include the name,
address, and telephone number of the speaker; the organization or group represented,
if any; and a statement of the agenda item or subject to be presented.
- A member of the audience may speak only with the recognition of the Chair of the Committee.
- Three minutes shall be allotted per speaker, with 20 minutes maximum time allotment
for any one subject. At the discretion of the Chair of the Committee, time may be
- Profanity, obscenity, and abusive or defamatory language shall be cause for the Chair
of the Committee to terminate discussion before the Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee.
In the event of serious or persistent disruption, the Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee
may order the meeting room cleared. (Govt. Code 54957.9)